Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: My Thoughts...

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ever wonder if Jesus was nothing more than a con-man?...I'm not saying he is...just asking...

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i don't have to wonder....

    what i DO wonder is... if the bible is merely
    a glorified version of the 'whisper game'. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by shatzy:
    "your father was a sinner because his father was
    a sinner and because of that, you children are
    sinners and therefore i will make it my soul
    ambition to make you bust your ass for every
    little insignificant thing in order to win my
    approval... not that i'm guaranteeing anything..
    because you are still shit... so maaaaybe
    if you kiss my ass for a few decades and
    become mental/emotional slaves to my whim then
    i just may decide to forgive you of that nasty
    little sinful heritage you have going for you.

    but rest assured, you little bastards, your children
    and your children's children will pay for your
    sins too........"
    <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i understand where are you going with that, and i can say that although some religions may teach that (most of the called cults), not every religion, including the religion that wes was exposed to all the way through school, has never taught that.

    as for not answering, i do not have the answers nor the "preperation" (for lack of a better word) to respond to the arguments posed thus far. I do feel like I have let wes down, in not giving him a 2nd argument, but right now, i have no answers, i'm sorry

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You didn't let me down at all...noone would be able to answer these questions...only give their opinion...I was just wanting to open up this to discussion and mainly vent what I don't agree with/understand...

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another problem...I have begged to the Lord for mercy and have asked him to help me in many situations....and have gotten no help whatsoever...if I loved someone as much as the Bible says God loves us...I would give in...and I would see to the happiness of my children in which I love so much...but yet the Lord ignores that, and it is justified by he has a plan for your life...for one that makes me insignificant...I have no purpose other than carrying out his instructions...and how does he justify that?...I sent my son to die for your sins...good job there...way to cop out and send your son...and what did he die for?...to save all of humanity...hell I'd die for that right now, and take that fame...show me where to sign...many men have died for much less...beliefs, freedom, saving someone from a burning building, saving a friend, I could go on and on and all of which are much less significant than dying to save the entire human race...why shouldn't they be held in such regards as Jesus?...if you love me so much...why do you ignore me?...well?...

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 16, 2004 02:45 AM: Message edited by: ek3 ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •